Thelwall, M., Goriunova, O., Vis, F., Faulkner, S., Burns, A., Aulich, J., Mas-Bleda, A., Stuart, E., D’Orazio, F (forthcoming) ‘Chatting through Pictures? A Classification of Images Tweeted in one week in the UK and USA’, Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology [preprint available here]
We are preparing a book chapter for the Sage Handbook on Social Media on ‘visual culture and analysis’. This collection is edited by Jean Burgess, Alice Marwick and Thomas Poell, to be published in 2016.
Blog Posts (by us and about us)
- Hawes, E. (2015), Chatting through Pictures? The first Visual Social Media Lab report, Pulsar Platform Blog, 29 July.
- Grimes, S. (2015), How to Machine-Learn Meaning in a Visual Social World, Breakthrough Analysis Blog, 12 July.
- Burns, A. (2015), ‘Picturing the Social’: Questions of method, ethics and transparency in the analysis of social media photography, LSE Impact Blog, 10 June.
- Vis, F. (2015), Studies in social data: how industry uses social media for communications and research, LSE Impact Blog, 2 April.
- Owens, J. (2014), 7 big ideas about researching images in social media, Pulsar Platform Blog, 26 November.
- Vis, F. (2014), How images took over the internet, World Economic Forum Blog, 25 June.
Picture This: social media and visual culture online
Farida’s monthly column in The Conversation will start in August 2015.
Jackson, T. (2015), Margaret Thatcher among themes for Sheffield student exhibition, The Sheffield Star, 25 January.